Turn Water On-Off

Emergency: If there is a water pipe broken in a house or property that cannot be turned off inside the house, and there is damage in progress, the City's Water and Wastewater Division will send someone as soon as possible to turn off the water at the curb stop.

Non-Emergency: If there is a request for water turn on/off because of renovations or other non-emergency work, the Water and Wastewater Division will schedule a suitable time for the work to be completed.

The cost for the service is $50 per valve turn. Therefore, if the division has to turn the water off and also turn it on the cost will be $100. All non-emergency requests must be paid in advance. Payment can be made at the Access St. John's Service Centre on the first floor of City Hall.  Access St. John's can also accept payment by Visa or Mastercard over the telephone by calling 311 or (709) 754-CITY (2489).

For additional help, contact information or to submit a request visit Access 311.