Special Events

Special Events

To host a special event in a City park, individuals must apply for a special events permit.


There is no area reserved in the public parks system for wedding pictures or to host a wedding ceremony. The City normally discourage these activities because of all of the possible outside distractions that could occur. 

However, if you would like to discuss the possibility of taking pictures or hosting your wedding ceremony in one of the public parks, please call Access St. John's at 311 or (709) 754-CITY (2489).  Please give the Citizen Service Representative all the pertinent details such as date, time, specific location and a description of the event and a representative from the City's Parks and Open Spaces Division will contact you. 

For additional help, contact information or to submit a request visit Access 311